Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cooking Clutz

I love being in my kitchen. Cooking isn’t a necessity for me, it’s a hobby. I’m always haunting the cooking stores around town, looking for the next gadget that I need at the best price. A steady parade of food enters my home, and nobody is ever bored with my food because I have so many favorite dishes to make!

I could probably have my own cooking show, but I’m a little clumsy, and I don’t think dropping the measuring cup in the pot is conducive to fame. Alton Brown never drops cookies or spatulas on the floor. I do. My close friends and family affectionately call me the Cooking Clutz. : )

But my butterfingers aside, I generally do a good job cooking, and I wanted to start blogging about it for friends and family who are always asking about the latest cooking gear. Oftentimes I buy it before anyone else, and then give everyone a review on it after I’ve used it a few times. My blog will help me do that even more efficiently, I guess.

One of the first things I will say is that a TV in your kitchen is a great idea! I used to think it wasn’t very classy because I always pictured an old TV with rabbit ears taking up precious counter-space. But then my Mom bought me a TV/DVD combo that mounts to the underside of my kitchen cabinets! If I want to follow along with my favorite show, I can, or I can watch a cooking DVD. I can also have a movie or music going in the background. When I’m done with it, I fold the screen up and don’t have to worry about it. I still think that’s one of the coolest gadgets I’ve gotten for the kitchen.

So here I go! I’ll try to update regularly with news and tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment